Helping a B2B SaaS Get From 0 to 100K Monthly Organic Visits
January 1st, 2020 to March 1st, 2022
New Webinar! SaaS Companies: Mastering AI Content for Optimal Growth
SpdLoad’s main need was to improve the organic visibility of one of its most important blog posts.
The post on ‘app development cost’ targets a very important stage in the lifecycle stage of potential customers who are looking for a trustworthy company to help them with their app development needs—people need to know what’s considered normal when it comes to pricing for app development before making a purchase decision.
Before the update, in July 2021, the blog post was ranking in position #90 for the target keyword in the United States, which is the target country.
The goal was to get on the first page of the search results.
Following our qualification process and after agreeing on all levels, we kicked things off on August 1st, 2021.
Our client came to us with several pages that needed an update due to poor performance.
Every case is different, so the why behind a page’s poor performance has different answers.
One of the pages our client wanted us to audit was the post on ‘app development cost’, which initially lived in the following URL:
In July 2021, before we performed the content update, the page had backlinks from more than 90 referring domains.
Thus, it was really peculiar that it wasn’t performing well organically.
We started by analyzing search intent and competitor content for the target term ‘app development cost’.
Then, we analyzed the content on the page and decided which parts of the post would be kept after the update.
We put everything together in a detailed content brief that we accompanied with a 20-minute video.
One of the things that we focused on and understood was neglected on this and every other blog post on our client’s website—user experience.
Thus, we provided UX recommendations for improving the user experience, especially above the fold, and making the experience more seamless, less sales-y, and way less cluttered.
Last but not least, we identified the need for leveraging images on the post and, more specifically, optimizing the existing graphs for SEO and creating additional graphs for the new sections we recommended adding.
One of the things that really concerned our client was the fact that our content brief recommended applying a (301) redirect to a new URL that was an exact match to the target keyword.
Our client’s concern was valid since the page had backlinks from more than 90 referring domains, as mentioned earlier.
However, we explained the reasons why this change needed to be made, and we moved forward with the update.
Our effort resulted in more than 16K monthly organic visits, primarily from the US and other English-speaking countries.
The growth in organic traffic was possible due to developing visibility for more than 3K organic keywords, the vast majority of which are keywords with high commercial intent.
We can see that the majority of organic keywords for which the page is ranking are keywords with commercial intent since the traffic value for this page is over $75K.
Practically, this means that for many of the keywords for which the page has visibility organically, there are advertisers and brands bidding on them and trying to get visibility through paid search.
The post has the featured snippet for its target keyword as well as the #1 position for more than 200 more keywords.
Above all, we managed to turn the blog into the company’s best asset for raising awareness and generating new leads.